Meantime Communications delivers public relations, event, editorial, design, and new media solutions.
We specialise in business-to-business services for the transport, supply chain, and logistics industry.
We are based in Greenwich, London, and are founding members of Trade Partners Worldwide (TPW), giving us global reach through our associates in Hong Kong and the USA.
We pride ourselves on bespoke solutions and becoming part of the team.
Emma Murray, founder and CEO
Emma was born in the year the Beatles broke up. She studied Middle Eastern Archaeology and Akkadian, although she has to admit her cuneiform is probably a little rusty these days. She was once an archaeologist working in Syria and Jordan, and has been an English language teacher. She has lived at one time or another in Jerusalem and Aleppo, as well as Paris and Brussels, where she went to school and learnt to speak French.
- Trained as a reporter on local papers, moving to business titles in the freight and shipping world in 1995.
- Editor and publisher of international titles and events in the shipping, logistics, and transport industries, including International Freighting Weekly, Freight Transport Buyer, FTB Asia, Airtrade, Herefords, The UK Air Cargo Directory, Cargo Systems, International Bulk Journal, Lloyd’s Loading List, Commercial Aviation Report, and Heavy Lift and Project Forwarding International.
- Head of the informa freight and transport awards’ department, in charge of Lloyd’s List, Lloyd’s List Asia, Lloyd’s List Middle East, IFW, Supply Chain Asia, Containerisation International, Lloyd’s Shipping Economist, and Lloyd’s Ship Manager awards.
- Launched Meantime Communications Ltd and founder partner of Trade Partners Worldwide (TPW).
- Member of Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
Julian Pryke, director
Julian was born in the year man first walked on the moon. He studied hotel management before switching to psychology and geography. He was a primary school teacher in another life and wrote for Shoot magazine as a cub reporter. He is a Guinness World Record Holder for having gutted the most mackerel in an hour.
- Trained as a reporter on magazines, joined business titles in the freight and transport sector in 1999.
Editor and publisher of titles in the shipping industry including Cargo Systems, Freight Transport Buyer as well as IBJ, Lloyd’s Shipping Economist, Lloyd’s Ship Manager, Lloyd’s Cruise International, Hazardous Cargo Bulletin, and Bunker News.
Publisher of titles in the commercial fishing industry including Fishing News, Fishing News International, Seafood International, Seafood Processor, and Fish Farming International.
- Launched The Fishmonger Ltd in Greenwich in 2004 and founder director of Meantime Communications in 2005.
Rob Platt, account and editorial manager
Robert was born the year Martin Luther King Jr’s birthday first became recognised as an official American holiday. He is from the Big Apple and is the fourth child in a family of 10 children. He studied History before switching to Journalism and Spanish, and then worked as a senior news journalist on regional papers for a number of years. He has visited over 25 countries, speaks three languages, plays the guitar and is an avid salsa dancer. He is also a cat lover and is passionate about cooking, having recently started his own vegetarian-themed blog.
- Born in New York, fluent in Spanish and high proficiency in French
- National Certificate for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) qualified journalist
- Worked as a senior news reporter on local papers before moving into corporate public relations
- Has copy edited several international bestselling titles
- Volunteers with Democrats Abroad UK (DAUK), where he helped worked on the Obama re-election campaign and Congressional mid-term elections
- Has professional experience working as an intern for government bodies such as Houses of Parliament
Lina Imbrusaite, events and account manager
Lina was born the year Nelson Mandela was freed from prison and Margaret Thatcher resigned as the Prime Minister. Originally from Klaipeda, Lithuania, she has spent over five years living in London and working in media and public relations. She has a BA in Publishing, Media & Cultural Studies from Middlesex University and is fluent in three languages. She also studied drama and arts and has acted numerous times on the stage. In her spare time she enjoys cooking, walking her French Mastiff and an occasional visit to the gym.
- Over five years’ experience working in media and corporate and lifestyle PR
- University tour guide at Middlesex University
- Fluent in German, English and Lithuanian
- Has professional experience working on both print and online magazine titles
- Has worked on major events for leading entertainment and lifestyle brands
Jamael was born the same year that the English pound note went out of circulation. She is one of the few Londoners left in London, and has emigrated North to South, via Amsterdam. After abandoning plans for drama school, Jamael studied Media and Advertising and has worked on international PR and Marketing projects for the Legal and Financial worlds before coming to Meantime. Now only slightly dramatic, she enjoys cooking, the great outdoors, and trying to keep her houseplants alive.
Pavlos Amanatidis, account executive
Pavlos was born the year Lawrence Durrell died. Originally from Thessaloniki, Greece, he has been living in London for three years working in digital and PR. He has a BA in English Literature and an MA in Creative Writing from the University of Hertfordshire and is obsessed with current trends and artistic direction. He enjoys gigs of the indie variety and discovering the next big thing in literary fiction/non-fiction and is exceptionally bad at cooking.
Charlotte Firth, account executive
Charlotte was born the year that Audrey Hepburn died and Irvine Welsh’s Trainspotting was first published. She has a BA in English Literature from Newcastle University, although she also took up modules in mathematics in her first year to keep her from constantly speaking in iambs. She worked a Summer as an English teacher in the Philippines, plays the guitar, and likes to draw. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, eating, and walking her wheaten terrier who makes an excellent muse.
- Has professional experience as a freelance copywriter, and working within an award-winning copywriting agency
- Has worked in PR for a leading, global health and beauty brand
Rose Ann Francis, creative & social media executive
- Born in the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore and fluent in 3 Indian languages
- Excelled as an Editor, Account Executive and Social Media Manager
- Was selected by the Indian Advertising Association to represent India at a workshop held by the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations in Malaysia (2014)
Nick Blaxill, production editor
Nick was born in the year that Elvis Presley had his first Number 1 with Heartbreak Hotel and PG Tips launched its long-running advertising campaign featuring chimpanzees. From East Anglia, he enjoyed student days in Leeds before launching into newspapers and the media, initially in Norfolk. As well as walking his dogs, he continues to be involved in water polo at Ipswich and has become a convert to cycling – recently discovering that bike shops can be fascinating places.
- Trained as a reporter on local newspapers, eventually moving into sub-editing.
- Joined the Lloyd’s List subs desk.
- Became maritime magazines production and design manager responsible for more than 20 titles including Lloyd’s Cruise International, Lloyd’s Ship Manager, and Lloyd’s Shipping Economist.
- Runs a magazine production company involved in the worlds of shipping, aviation, engineering, building, travel and transport.
Meantime works with a talented pool of like-minded professionals.
Philippa Goodrich is a business reporter, radio producer and programme editor with international experience and a decade of involvement in media training. Her programmes include the BBC’s World Business Report.
Adam Smethurst is a screenwriter and actor with over a decade of experience of coaching executives in public speaking and presentation skills.
Andrew Murray is a practicing architect with over a decade’s experience in visual communication, graphic design, and brand marketing.